Out of stock
2005 was the year of two great exhibitions in National Museum in Krakow and in Museum of Polish Army in Warsaw, concerning the Napoleon and his Polish allies.
The exhibition was focused mostly on weapons but also on keepsakes after generals, soldiers and Napoleon himself. This was probably the only opportunity in Poland to see all the greatest and most famous objects from this period in one place!
The book contains many beautiful pictures, mostly of edged weapons and uniforms but also etchings, paintings and decorative art from the Napoleon period.
All pictures are WITH ENGLISH CAPTIONS.
All essays are WITH ENGLISH AND FRENCH SUMMARIES
– Jacek Macyszyn, Commemorating the Napoleonic period in Poland
– Andrzej Nieuwazny, Napoleon, Poland, France
– Zdzislaw Zygulski jun., Napoleon in Pulawy
– Mieczyslaw Sicinski, Army of the Duchy of Warsaw – arms and uniforms
– Tomasz Kusion, Books on the Great French Revolution and the Napoleonic era
The book contains OVER 300 pictures of:
– edged weapons,
– military decorations,
– flags and standards,
– military paintings and etchings (including soldiers and generals portraits),
– private mementos of Napoleon and his generals,
– decorative art from the period,