Available on back-order
Sixth volume of highly estimate journal focused on medieval weapons, with articles written by the best Polish archaeologists and curators from young and old generation of scholars. Year by year the magazine is getting thicker and more colorful.
This volume offers ONE ESSEY IN ENGLISH, other artciles are in Polish with ENGLISH summaries.
ALL PICTURE CAPTIONS ARE IN ENGLISH!
Contents with titles of English summaries:
– Piotr Świątkiewicz, Militaria from the medieval stronghold in Raciąż
– Lech Marek, Paweł Konczewski, The siege and downfall of castle Karpień. The interpretation of archaeological records
– Carl Pause, Weapons and military equipment from the Burgundian siege of Neuss in 1474-1475 (IN ENGLISH)
– Tomasz Stępnik, Militaria from late medieval motte and settlement in Żerniki-Jaryszki
– Andrzej Janowski, Two hooked spurs from the village Pień in Chełmno Land
– Piotr Pudło, Mariusz Rychter, From the West to the East, or the other way round? A few remarks on the ornamented cross-guard from Kamień Pomorski
– Marcin Glinianowicz, A “dog-head” visor from the collection of the Museum of the Polish Army in Warsaw
– Jerzy Kuśnierz, An interesting presentation of the armed man on a tile from the stronghold in Konarzew
– Arkadiusz Michalak, Piotr Wawrzyniak, The rondel dagger in late medieval and early modern Poznań – iconography and archaeology
– Olgierd Ławrynowicz, About a forgotten dagger from Grochowalsk
The articles from 1st tome of Acta Militaria Mediaevalia are available in Knowledge Base Download section.
In the bookstore You can also find other volumes!